Tenure-Track Faculty Positions in NUS Chemistry
The Department of Chemistry at National University of Singapore (NUS) is seeking outstanding candidates for tenure-track faculty positions in all chemistry disciplines, with preferences in the following areas:
- Biochemistry/Chemical Biology
- Energy/Environmental Chemistry
- Artificial Intelligence in Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
Successful candidates would be expected to:
- have a Ph.D. in chemistry or relevant disciplines and preferentially with postdoctoral experience
- possess a strong track record of publications
- establish an internationally recognized research program
- be competitive for external research funding
- have a strong commitment to teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels, and supervise undergraduate, master and doctoral students
Successful candidates will receive:
- a tenure-track position with an attractive salary package as an assistant professor at NUS
- up to SGD 1 million in a start-up research grant + scholarships to hire Ph.D students
- a white space fund of SGD 250,000
- an opportunity to compete with the NRF Fellowship from Singapore National Research Foundation, which come with a five-year research grant of up to SGD 3 million
Singapore's pro-research, pro-education and pro-talent environment will suit scientists seeking to live and work in a progressive and dynamic environment.
Interested candidates should email the following as soon as possible to Ms June Chan (email@example.com):
- CV with a complete list of publications
- Three letters of reference including one from the applicant's main supervisor (to be sent directly by the external referees to firstname.lastname@example.org). The letters of reference should address the following questions with reference to the candidate:
- "How do you compare [the candidate] with other recent graduates of your programme, specifically, [list graduates with good placements]?"
- "To which departments in the National Research Council (NRC) list (http://sites.nationalacademies.org/pga/resdoc/) would you recommend the candidate for tenure-track position?
- A statement of research and a 3-page research plan with a proposed start-up research budget and utilization plan.
Semlow Lab Postdoctoral Scholar
Postdoctoral positions are available in the laboratory of Daniel Semlow in the Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering at the California Institute of Technology. The Semlow lab is broadly interested in understanding the molecular mechanisms of DNA damage and repair. We are seeking motivated fellows that will undertake biochemical, genetic, and analytical approaches to elucidate novel pathways in DNA repair. At Caltech, fellows will contribute to an outstanding intellectual environment and enjoy access to state-of-the-art resources and facilities.
Candidates should have a PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry or related field and strong record of research productivity. Experience in CRISPR/Cas9 screening or mass spectrometry is a plus, but not required.
Interested applicants should send a CV with a summary of research interests and contact information for three references to Dr. Daniel Semlow (email@example.com).